There's never been a better time to become an apprentice or trainee! Apprenticeships or traineeships are a great way to enter the workforce. You can learn skills in a particular industry by working and training on the job, get nationally recognised qualifications and get paid while learning! And with apprenticeships or traineeships in almost 500 different industries, you really can do almost anything.
What Type of Training is Available?
Your training as an apprentice or trainee may be delivered in two ways (or a combination of both):
• Workplace-based training from your employer
• Formal off-the-job training at Ozford
• What is workplace-based training?
Workplace-based training is structured training organized in the workplace by the teacher or trainer from Ozford . It takes place in the workplace when the apprentice or trainee is not undertaking regular work duties.
What is off-the-job training?
Off-the-job training is training Ozford delivers in a formal setting at one of our campuses or facilities.
A pre-apprenticeship course is a stepping stone to get into the industry of your choice it is a fulltime course delivered at Ozford campuses. Completion of a pre-apprenticeship course will help to:
• Prepare you for the working environment in the selected industry
• Give you some basic skills, or improve your existing skills
• Pave the way for the learning you will get as part of your apprenticeship