WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is any information or an opinion, whether true or not, which identifies an individual (includes health information and sensitive information). When personal information concerns certain matters it is considered sensitive information. Sensitive information is information or opinion about an individual’s:
- membership of a political association;
- racial or ethnic origin;
- health or disability;
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- political opinions;
- religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- criminal record;
- sexual preferences or practices;
- prospective employees;
- individuals who are customers of Ozford’s clients;
- business partners;
- other people who may come into contact with Ozford;
Ozford is not bound by the NPPs in relation to its treatment of employee records if the treatment is directly related to a current or former employment relationship between Ozford and an employee.
HOW OZFORD COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Generally, Ozford will collect personal information directly from you, when you deal with Ozford by telephone, fax, letter, email and includes any information provided to us by application form.The type of personal information that Ozford collects depends on the circumstances of collection and on the type of service you request from Ozford. The particular purpose for which personal information is collected by Ozford is generally either specified or reasonably apparent at the time the information is collected. Ozford usually collects information such as your name, address, contact number, occupation, gender, date of birth, email address and credit card details and in the case of students, academic results and student welfare information. It is not Ozford’s general practice to collect sensitive information and we will only collect sensitive information with your consent.
On occasions, Ozford may collect personal information about you from another individual and/or organisation. For example, Ozford may collect personal information from:
- Commonwealth and State agencies;
- a company for whom you work;
- other individuals and/or organizations with whom you have any dealings;
- an employment recruitment agent or agency;
- a student related recruitment agent or agency;
HOW OZFORD USES PERSONAL INFORMATION
Ozford uses personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, or for secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose. Generally, Ozford uses personal information for the following purposes:
- to conduct its business as an education provider;
- to communicate with you;
- to assist in the management and improvement of services, including analysis of future employee and student needs;
- to provide products and services that have been requested or previously agreed to;
- to undertake marketing activities;
- in the case of students, to comply with the specific reporting requirements of the Education Service for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS) and the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students.;
WHAT HAPPENS IF AN INDIVIDUAL DOES NOT PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you do not provide the personal information Ozford requests, it may not be able to provide you with the relevant products or services.
OZFORD MAY DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Ozford may disclose your personal information for the purpose which was either specified or reasonably apparent at the time when the information was collected. Depending on the circumstances, Ozford may disclose personal information to:
- its insurers;
- its service providers and specialist advisers including but not limited to services relating to student welfare;
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information;
- in the case of students, information provided by students may be made available to relevant Commonwealth and State Agencies and the Tuition Protection Service in compliance with the ESOS legislative requirements.
If Ozford engages a third party contractor to perform services which involves handling personal information, Ozford will ensure that the contractor will be subject to the same privacy obligations as Ozford to protect your personal information. Ozford will also take reasonable steps to prohibit the contractor from using personal information, except for the purposes for which it was supplied.
DIRECT MARKETING AND PRIVACY
Ozford may periodically use the personal information it collects about you to assist identifying particular products and services which it believes may be of interest and benefit to you. Ozford may then contact you to let you know about these products and services and how they may benefit you.
If you do not want to receive any of this information, you should contact Ozford immediately.
ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If Ozford has accurate personal information about you, it enables Ozford to provide the best possible service.Ozford will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up to date.
Please advise Ozford as soon as possible if the personal information held is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. Ozford will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is corrected.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Ozford will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Ozford uses industry standard safeguards to ensure the security of personal information through physical, electronic and managerial procedures. When Ozford no longer requires personal information, it will safely destroy the information and delete it from its systems.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You or a third party nominated by you in writing may request access to any of the personal information Ozford holds about you. Upon your written request, Ozford will provide access to the personal information it holds about you, unless there is an exemption which applies under the Privacy Act.Your request for access will be dealt with in a reasonable time. Ozford may charge you a fee to cover the reasonable cost of retrieval and the supply of the information to you. If Ozford refuses your request for access, it will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
Ozford may provide access to personal information without your consent only in certain prescribed circumstances, including but not limited to:
- emergency situations;
- specified Commonwealth and State departments, agencies, authorities, regulators and other organisations (including auditors) to comply with legislative requirements;
- law enforcement;
- lessening or preventing a serious and imminent threat to an individual's life, health or safety or a serious threat to public health or public safety;
TRANSFERRING PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
Ozford does not transfer your personal information overseas unless it is authorised by law to do so or you have consented to it as part of the services Ozford provides to you.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you wish to gain access to or correct your personal information or make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, you should contact:
||+61 3 8663 7188
||+61 3 9662 9223
||Level 2, 123 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne Australia 3000